Translate this Blog!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Saturday School

I miss having Saturday free. In Russia, we have a full day of school, where I am studying. Some other schools have half days, while others are not in session at all. So for the first time, I attended this class labeled as "Texnology". However, the class' name is rather misleading, because it was structured as an Home Economics class, despite sounding like their "Informatika" class, where students actually learn about computers. We prepped Salad Olivier with the 7th graders today, then sat down for tea and cookies.

Later that day, I came over Tasha and Nadia's apartment, where I chatted a bit with their nice mother. Then, we were a bit late in meeting others at the downtown McDonalds. We sat there for a good three hours, but I was more tempted to eat pizza nearby then fries or burgers. There was also a cute brown cat that sat between Paige and I that day. We named her Latte, and she had a comfortable nap on Paige's lap afterwards. There are many street cats in Russia, which are much more sociable and friendly than the cats in America. I can say the same with the pigeons here. They aren't afraid of humans here unlike in America; instead, they don't need to exert the energy to fly unless there is person chasing them, like this fun Thai friend we have here.

I came home late that night, perhaps around 8pm, when it was rather dark, because I believed no one was at home. There's a national curfew for minors at 10pm in Russia, but I really don't know if I will ever stay out that late. It would not be fun to be stuck at night, sledging through the snow, trying to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment