Translate this Blog!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Internet v. Immersion

Due to the inability to express myself, I cried a bit when my parents suggested I use the Internet yet. Upon reflection, it sounds a bit ludicrous, but I suppose it was an instinct. I felt a bit overwhelmed, because a close friend at home pointed out that I did not have time to catch up with family and friends in America. It's mostly true, because there is a 11 hour time difference and obstacle from Skyping/chatting often. However, there was nothing to cry about. My parents were simply relaying a message from someone else, that families should limit the amount of online time of exchange students. They were concerned that the foreign students would lose precious immersion time in Russian, and not pick up the language. It's a good reason, I was just scared it was a personal criticism. I thought that I had two parties upset at me, but this wasn't the case. I do have an Internet addiction, but I'm sure I can find another form of cheap personal entertainment, and find time to communicate to my loved ones in America...I just need to try harder.

So for now, if I don't post as much as before, this is the reason. Sorry. I wish there were more hours in the day to get most things accomplished and talk to everyone I miss so much, but I have the greatest home that there will be time! Somewhere?

Oh, and in Russia, there are Crab and Bacon flavored Lays Potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment