Translate this Blog!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Return of the Breakfast Monster

I woke up at 6AM, early so I can add a quick post before my First Day of school. I hope it will be a fun day, although I probably cannot understand most of the Russian for today.

On a lighter note, I was reminded of camp during the last two breakfast meals. During camp, students had to dip their hands in soup to find a secret message, afterwards we cleaned our hands in a nearby stream. It was already uncomfortable, but then we had another food-related task.

We dug our hands into a bucket of brown rice, and after ate a handful of "kasha". Normally, I wouldn't mind grains, but I worried too much about sanitation. The fact that I had to put my hands into the bucket with other people's hands was very off-putting to me. I was over-thinking the task, and managed to gross myself out. Still, I finished.

However, breakfast was an entirely pleasant experience. Kasha was served on a plate with butter. I ate it, and it was delicious. I guess it was just my mind-set that told me that I felt sick. Brown rice is actually quite yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment