Translate this Blog!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Ghosts, Witches, you know the usual

School vacation (ka-nik-koo-li)has arrived! On Saturday, I spent a day at the Mega Mall catching up with other exchange students and friends, but it really makes me wonder where do students hang out in Cheboksary? Certainly, the downtown Mcdonalds is always a hotspot, but I don't know of many places where you can just sit down and chat with people. Cafes aren't much fun unless it's around mealtimes and the people are actually hungry. But...I digress; compared to other exchange students, I have a rather strict curfew usually at 5:00-6:00pm. This does not leave me much time to go out when school ends at two, and I get home at 3:30 or go out and have to carry a heavy bag. This concept frustrates me a bit, but maybe in the future, things will be more lax. I really miss being able to go out whenever like in America, and having all this freedom. I don't really see the other exchange students from other schools due to the curfew.

On the happier note, Halloween celebration was great. Our host siblings and the exchange students were there, even Anika (from Germany), who came from Kirov, came! We bobbed for apples and mummy wrapped our buddies. There was a great gang of zombies at the party, and I must say, they were one of the coolest and prettiest zombies ever! Thanks to the girls who decorated for the party; it was a great success and lots of fun in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment