Translate this Blog!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

News around the Kitchen

A birthday package was on the way from California all the way to Russia. I was already certain the container's contents: Mama noodles. What I didn't expect was the abundance, it was literally a whole box full of ramen noodles. Thanks to my caring aunt and cousin who shipped it overseas. I just wish they didn't have to pay so much for shipping expenses. In addition was a nice sweater and my favorite Thai tamarind candy. So tonight, I cooked the Mama noodles with cabbage and egg. It was a plain egg drop soup with the extra spice condiments and a little lemon. Knowing from experience that most Russian can't handle spicy Thai food, my sister and I watered down the broth, so that no one would be red faced for dinner. The good news is that my family liked it. Afterwards, I washed the kitchen floor. My sister made a beautiful tea bouquet of tiny strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and some sort of herb/tree twigs. I can't wait to try the chai tomorrow. It seems like the berry combination would be really delicious.

I still haven't started cooking class. It was cancelled today, and I won't attend until after break and Siberia. I was antsy about it, because I rather dislike domestic work, but I wanted to appease my family and the Russian people here. I thought I should change my attitude to at least try being more "house-handy/helpful", and be more enthusiastic about things--especially cooking. Cooking is okay, and cleaning isn't as tiring as it used to be. The change in point of view really helps. Positivity works.

No comments:

Post a Comment