Translate this Blog!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

What is your name Mister?

In Russia, I've encountered the cleaning product "Mr. Proper" (Mister Chister) instead of "Mr. Clean". However, the name's not limited only to Russia. Some other countries market the cleaner as "Mr. Proper", but it perplexes me why they chose the word "proper" over "clean". The culture of this perplexes me.

And also, we've received news about our Spring Camp with AFS. The approximate cost is about 14,000 rubles, about over $450 US for 3 days. If this was a longer camp, I would understand the logistical cost for housing, food and activities, but this is a rather steep price. The cost means many of the other exchange students won't go to camp, so even if I go, I won't see them. Sure, I'd probably make closer friends with the people who actually participate, but I'm a bit disappointed by all this.

I don't like to post negative things, but sometimes the way AFS-Russia events are organized bothers me. If I didn't have a scholarship, I probably wouldn't have the funds for many of these activities. And for this, I sympathize for other exchange students. I haven't seen a day where there was free camp or AFS event; it would be more comforting if we knew to where the initial program fees went (transportation, food, housing, camps, etc.). Sadly, we don't.

And on the extremely random note, I lost a black and white striped swimsuit in Siberia....Sorry. It was placed on the heater to dry, but the next day we were in a hurry to pack and leave Lyantor. So there the swimsuit stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment