Translate this Blog!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Mid Stay Orientation

Let's try to do a quick summary rather than too much reflection. I arrived late 20 mins to School 41, but completed a survey early along with the other 9 AFS students about our last 5 months in town. We ate pastries, and shortly after we ate lunch. I went with Meike, Tamara, and Pasha to Natasha's class. There we introduced ourselves in Russian. I spoke last and convinced people to move tables so we could do karate. I did a half-assed* job until I got embarrassed to continue. The other AFS people weren't participating, but then they joined in as we did that "Red Horse and Fly" German song. We got tired and ran out of the class. Later we hit the AFS blue pinata. We had interviews about our problems/concerns about the year program. I cried, not knowing how to explain how frustrated I was about school, but all went well. We had an end of the day recap, with news that we might have a trip to Veliky Novgorod (northern Russian) or Kazan. Afterwards, Pasha, Tamara, Meike and I went to McDonalds, where we drew fancy doodles and wrote in various languages. Then it was time to go home. The weather is getting warmer.

*no vulgarity intended, to me half-assed means you only have one donkey rather than two, so the work is done not as efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment