Translate this Blog!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Updates

Sorry for the rather unoriginal title. What can I say? There hasn't been that much going on. Students from Klin are planned to visit Cheboksary later today, so there are a few optional camp activities lined up for the weekend, but I don't know if I'll be allowed to attend all of it or if I am supposed to stay at home/school. I would be overjoyed if we went on the Kazan excursion on Saturday. There has been some news though; I watched and completed my first Twilight movie ever. The recent filrm had almost no action, and way too much over-exagerrated love scenes. At least it was an educational experience watching it in Russian. Thanksgiving is coming up. I hope the Americans will celebrate it together. And this Sunday is Mother's Day in Russia, but I don't know why it's not a very popular/celebrated holiday. Perhaps it's a rather new holiday.

Oh. And the snow in town is wonderful. I love the white clean flakes. It's much easier to walk through Cheboksarian snow than those in Lyantor. The streets are cleared every so often. Sadly though, it will get colder here than in Siberia, because we have a humid winter due to the proximity to the Volga River. So far, it already feels colder than the Siberia's dry taiga climate. I will have interesting stories to tell about Winter in January and February I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment